chicken, pork or beef. Here’s how to prepare Puchero or Pochero the
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut in serving size pieces
- 1 lb pork, cut in large cubes]
- 2 chorizo sausage, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, , peeled and diced or1 small can whole tomatoes
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 bok choy, cut acrossin 2″ sections
- 8 green onions, cut in 2″ lengths
- Wash chick peas and soak overnight (or use a can of Garbanzo beans).
- In one pan put in the chick peas chicken, pork, chorizo and add water to cover.
- Add sliced onion, salt& peppercorns, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until meats and chick peas are almost tende
- In another pan heat oil and fry garlic with the chopped onion on low heat, stirring frequently until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook to a pulp.
- Add meats, stock& sweet potatoes.
- Simmer until potatoes are nearly cooked then add cabbage& green onions for the last few minutes.
- Serve broth as soup and the meats& vegetables as a separate course.